Old June 16th 21, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default The public image of cycling and cyclists

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 8:18:50 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 6/15/2021 6:21 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/15/2021 7:37 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
"Money can't buy you love, but it is more comfortable to do you crying
sitting in a Mercedes than on a bicycle." -- anonymous "witty" card
writer, expressing a widely held sentiment as his sort is won't to do.

Andre Jute
On the other hand, when a decent bike costs as much as a nice
pre-loved Mercedes, why should anyone except a masochist or an
environmental lemming choose the bicycle?

Have you ever wrenched on a classic Mercedes? I'll that the bicycle,
thanks.

I had one friend whose neighbor was constantly working on his classic
Mercedes. Every time my friend would go over there while the neighbor
was under the car, or had the hood open, he would say "the German way is
the only way."

If you're sad about something, a bicycle ride will do more to cheer you
up than driving a Mercedes.

My younger brother came over yesterday evening and BBQ'd two huge steaks and corn on the cob and i baked a large sweet potato that we split. We ended up drinking a bottle of my cheap junk wine (which is pretty good by itself) and then for dinner opening his expensive bottle of Cab.

Well that much wine did NOT do well for me. What little balance I have was entirely lost this morning and it was nearly impossible to walk in a straight line. So I decided not to take a climbing ride and did a short flat ride, only 25 miles but the wind was howling and it was a fight on the way out and a hard cross wind on the route back. So, now I can walk straight again but I won't be drinking like that again. Going from a couple of glasses to a full bottle certainly didn't help my balance or my sleep getting up all night long to empty is out.