Old April 18th 12, 10:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default rain

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 17 Apr 2012 22:09:22 +0000 (UTC)
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Given the rain outside and the 20km commute, pity it won't work on the
'bent. I will have to do what I usually do on the commute: get wet.
Must pack a spare set of riding clothing for the ride home.

Ahhh.. enlightened employers! There is now a drying cabinet in the
bike cage. All my kit went in there after my shower and when it was
time to ride home it was all nicely dry.

Yes, it got soaked through again in about 10 min but it's nicer
putting on dry gear than wet.

The ride home was about as wet as the ride there, that is "very".
Once you are wet you can't get any wetter so how much extra water
there is doesn't really matter except for puddle size. The Shrimpton
Ck path had the creek just washing over one of the crossings, the
Cooks River path had some major water hazards.

(I bet the Tempe underpass required a snorkel!)

Met one bike all day... And he blasted past me on the way home,
saying he liked my light setup as he barrelled past. I'm not slow, I
just saw no need to hurry. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

World is full of fair weather bikers... powered and unpowered.
The motorcycle parking I pass on my way to the bicycle cage at work had maybe
1/3 or less of the motorcycles usually there, and the bicycle cage was
even emptier. A good day will have 30 or so bicycles, yesterday there
were 6.

I feel so virtuous!

Zebee