Old May 9th 06, 04:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Mixte frames, Manufacturer & on display, S & W Sydney.

Nope, no problem (if I can find one). Probably wouldn't be all new.
There is nothing wrong with the TA crankset and whatever pedals she has.
Okay, a new brooks is probably in order too.

www.shifterbikes.com in melb have cheap Brooks' at the moment. $95 for
a B17.

I doubt if I'm going to be able to replace her steel bmx handlebars. I
took them off once and was promptly told that she wanted them back on.

Oh wait, it is Shimano Nexus. you had me for 5 minutes.

Sorry.

I'm still chasing a price indication on these atm.

Price guide from aebike.com
US$115/138 plus shipping for an 7/8sp Nexus kit. ?/1.5kg
US$128 & SH, 8sp SA kit. 1.5kg
US$54 & SH, 3sp & coasterbrake SA kit. 1kg

Mo
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=ca...y=475&typ e=T

I think the red tube caps are just a tad excessive {:-).

But it's nice isn't it? (Tyres must be filled with nitrogen ;-)

You need a 'Bicycle Revolution' type place to source an old mixte. I
think one with a new paint job and shiny new bits would look trick.

AB.