Old April 11th 07, 12:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_113_]

Default Paris Roubaix to be shown live on SBS

dewatf Wrote:

Personally I don't care much for the PR. I don't really get the idea
of
trying to ride a mountain bike course on a road bike just to see who
can
avoid falling over and breaking their collar bone by chance (or the
manufacturing quality of their . Macadam was invented invented around
1820
and a tar coating added to eliminate dust during the 20th Century --
some
day the French will catch up.

Eh? Mountain bike? Paris Roubaix is simply riding on the original road
surface, so in any case, should the Belgians also catch up and replace
their pave? Anyway, cyclo-cross can't possibly be confused with MTB, as
the entire redevelopment of clunkers for MTB came decades later.
Cyclo-cross or riding on unsealed surfaces on road bikes was also a
method for cyclists to retain fitness levels & skills in the off
season. Bit similar to developing footy to keep cricket players fit in
winter.

--
cfsmtb