Old April 13th 07, 01:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_29_]

Default Cree XR-E LED bicycle light

I have been using my Fenix L1D for commuting over the last couple of
weeks and am very happy with it. I can run it on high for the one hour
trip on a 2500 mAh NiMH cell with no noticable dimming and it is bright
enough for urban commuting. The major issue I have, and this may be due
to the way I attach it to the bars (using a Nite Ize 'Lite Ride'
(http://www.niteize.com/productdetail...roduct_id=79)),
is that it tends to reset itself to "low" output mode if I hit a large
bump, but this only happens a couple of times per trip. It can be
tricky to alter the power settings while riding, since this needs a
precise touch on the end cap.

--
roshea