Old April 14th 07, 02:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_31_]

Default Cree XR-E LED bicycle light

Donga Wrote:
On Apr 13, 10:38 pm, roshea roshea.2oz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I have been using my Fenix L1D for commuting over the last couple of
weeks and am very happy with it. I can run it on high for the one

hour
trip on a 2500 mAh NiMH cell with no noticable dimming and it is

bright
enough for urban commuting. The major issue I have, and this may be

due
to the way I attach it to the bars (using a Nite Ize 'Lite Ride'

(http://www.niteize.com/productdetail...roduct_id=79)),
is that it tends to reset itself to "low" output mode if I hit a

large
bump, but this only happens a couple of times per trip. It can be
tricky to alter the power settings while riding, since this needs a
precise touch on the end cap.

--
roshea

Maybe you could put a lump of foam between the bars and the torch -
the damping might stop the reset.

dongaWorth a try, and I have some foam from my previous version of torch

mounting hardware. The "Lite Ride" wraps around the torch and the bars,
holding the front and back of the torch (link in my earlier post). It is
a real stretch to fit it around oversized handlebars, so I attached a
Minoura "Swing Grip", which unfortunately adds some vibration to the
system.

--
roshea