Old July 24th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,sci.environment
Terryc

Default Mountain biker killed by bear in BC

OzCableguy wrote:

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:34:46 -0700
Subject: Mountain biker killed by bear in BC

Crikey! Over here the scariest thing in the forest is me, with the possible
exception of magpies in nesting season (which starts next month. Gulp!)

Give you a tip, if you ever go campng in Northern Australia, do not camp
near water. Make it a few hundred metres away.

Rather unpopular one bicycle trip when I insisted.
NO arguments the next morning from anyone in the group. It was a big
******* that left tracks right where they wanted to camp.