Old February 9th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default 6'7 guy needs help looking for a road bike for a 585 Mile 6DayCharity Bike Ride

Paul wrote:
Hey Everybody, I'm definitely a non experienced cyclist and have
signed up to do the AIDS LifeCycle bike ride from San Francisco to Los
Angeles to raise money for HIV/AIDS. I dont really know what I got
myself into. I am 6'7 220 lbs with a 36 inch inseam. I thought I would
be able to borrow a friends bike for the ride but unfortunately the
largest I found is a 20 inch frame. I'm looking to spend as little as
possible (under 500 if possible). I do not plan to continue cycling as
a sport. I just want to find a comfortable bike that fits me for this
6 Day trek. Any recommendations on where I could buy a 24inch/61CM
bike for my price range or better yet find someone who would be
willing to help me help others by lending me a bike?

Again, I am fairly new to this and any info would be greatfully
appreciated!!!

Not gonna happen.

Start asking guys your size with a suitable bike about a
loaner/rental for a month leading up to your event. Then buy
your benefactor some new tires, tape, chain, cassette and
spiff him a hundred bucks at the end.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/