Old June 13th 11, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Default Criterium du Dauphine, stage 7 summary

Bob Martin wrote:
Top 10 and favourites GC standings (previous stage in parens) :
1 Bradley Wiggins 26:40:51 (unchanged)

I wonder if Bwadwee hasn't peaked a tad early if a TDF podium is his aim ?

2 Cadel Evans 1:26 (unchanged)

Whereas CFE might have come into the the DL at just the right level of form.

6 Christophe Kern 3:05 (was 5th at 2:52)

I wonder if you can still get good odds on him being the top French
rider at the TDF this year.

26 Ivan Basso 24:36 (was 33rd at 14:15)

Where's Birillo when you need him ? To be fair he did seem to be getting
his legs back on the last 2 stages.

37 Tony Martin 28:30 (was 72nd at 27:38)

I can't understand why he targets tours when he's got the same kind of
engine (and weight) as Cancellara for the classics.