Old May 3rd 04, 11:36 PM
toolguy

Default Mavic CrossMax SL freehub mystery problem

I had the exact same problem with my Crossmax XL rear wheel. The noise went
away after the shop "cleaned up" the hub a bit, but the
owner/salesman/mechanic says I'll need a new bearing. (I still get
"freewheeling", where the cranks keep turning when the wheel rotates fast;
AND the wheel moves backwards when I backpedal in the stand, too.)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your comments. I agree that any expensive wheel,
especially a mountain bike wheel, should be less fragile. Did the
problem ever return after the shop cleaned them up? Did they tell
anything specific that they did?

Thanks,

Neil