Old August 22nd 03, 07:42 AM
amirm

Default Comfort / Hybrid Choices

One more thing. I am basically as heavy as you. So keep an eye to the
quality of the wheels.

If your off-road rides are mostly on flat terrain and do not demand high
grip, a hybrid tyre even as narrow as 28mm will be enough. Otherwise,
this can be a problem.

Ok, Now I am 6 foot tall and weigh around 95 Kilos. I ride around 50 -
100k's a week, mostly on road or track, but every 2nd weekend I go a
little off road down small dirt tracks with tree roots sticking out, and
a fair bit of gravel tracks.

I am happy to spend around AUD $1,000 - $1,300 on a new bike

Any help on the Pro's and Con's of these 3 bikes would be most welcome,
and if you know any other bikes that match up to these 3 that I should
consider that would be great!

Scott (Cigs)