Old September 22nd 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Raleigh rim transplant, lacing query

I'm doing a straight replacement with cheap Alex x404s (same ERD, same
width) and upon examining the wheels tonight, I noticed something that
may or may not be significant. They're standard 3X front and rear, but
the leading spokes don't go "over over under" like I'm used to. They go
"under under under" the trailing spokes. Should I lace them the former
way when I replace the rims, or is there a reason not to? Using the
original zinc spokes as they're w/o corrosion.

I can supply a picture if this sounds confusing. :-P