Old December 24th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Default Has anyone Stretched a 20" tube to fit a 24" wheel?

harper;1157042 wrote:
I have never tried stretching tubes. To stretch a 20" tube to fit a rim
for a 24" tire you are only asking for an additional 20%. To stretch the
29" tube to fit a rim for a 36" tire you are asking for an additional
24%. If anything, it should be easier to do.

I don't know that it scales. I tried using an 18" on a 20" freestyle
rim once--only ~11%. Everything seemed okay, but then it exploded while
I was getting ready to go ride.

--
phlegm