Old April 6th 05, 04:50 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Lindsay beat Niki Gudex and Emma Colson

LotteBum wrote:

Not from my perspective.. suitable age, attractive, raced downhill,
races xc, snowboards, etc.. Most chicks I know in their 20's seem

more
concerned with having heated Desperate Housewives debates or which

store
in Chadstone they'll visit first this weekend.. spewspewspew

Personally I think Niki Gudex is quite attractive, but she is nowhere
near as good looking as she thinks she is. I had a look around her
website and have previously read her diary entries on
'www.cyclingnews.com' (http://www.cyclingnews.com) and I'm not
impressed at all...

Anyway, onto the more important stuff: most girls aren't tempted by
cycling and particularly not mountainbiking bcause they're scared. And
why wouldn't you be? I pretty much grew up on bikes (spent the first 8
years of my life in Denmark), so it comes very naturally to me. Also,
I'm quite the tomboy in a lot of ways.

As much as I think cycling is the most awesome sport in the world, I
can see why a lot of women are turned off by it in Australia.

Oh, and Desperate Housewives and The O.C. are my two favourite TV shows
and it makes Mondays at work so much better. Oh... I just came back
with my hands full of bags from Veronika Maine (which is not in
Chadstone...)...

--
LotteBum

You know, I thought the "fewer females" situation was just because
cycling isn't quite as much of a rush as a flying trapeze...

Oh yeah, and GO DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!

Tam