Old August 24th 04, 09:09 PM
Ernst Noch

Tom Paterson wrote:
From: Ernst Noch

(Tom Paterson wrote_:

[...] "litany of anti-American smears" [...]
"Dick Pound is simply un-American [...]
"Given Dick Pound's anti-American bias [...]

(E.N. replied):

Woah, I guess they should just get the Department of Homeland Security
involved. Seriously, argue like that and you know you have lost.

Whoa yourself, I didn't "write", I quoted others' words.

Sorry, I thought my "double quoting" ( "bla" vs bla) would make it
clear that that weren't your words. It's just that this "antiamerican"
nonsense has been taken much too far, not to mention the braindeadness
involved in calling a canadian "un-American". Duh!

Pound is a Canadian;
some anti-USA bias would not be at all unusual. A whole lot of anti-USA bias
wouldn't be unusual. That's a sidelight, at worst.

For non-extremists disregard for a certain nationality is almost never
the main motivator for their actions. Maybe Mr. Pound has a problem with
american athletes or sports officials, antiamericanism is not convincing
as an explanation for some of his criticizable actions.

Thanks,
Ernst