Old April 12th 04, 06:53 AM
A Muzi

Default MTB pedals on a road bike?

rickn wrote:

Gents:
I just purchased a "like-New-1997-Bianchi-Veloce" on ebay for $380.00.
Italian made, steel frame, Campy equiped.
To me, this sounded like a good deal. Please tell me you agree.

On to my silly-question-of-the-day:
I will need to buy pedals for the bike.
I already own a pair of SPD-mountain bike shoes and I am cheap.
Will I be able to mount mountain bike pedals on this bike?
Is there any reason not to?
I would like to be able to swap the pedals from my road bike to mountain
bike as necessary. (However, I am not yet sure if the crank-threads are
the same from bike-to-bike.)

Yes you can use the same type of pedal and Yes the threads
are the same (so you'd need only one pair of shoes for both
bikes.)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org