Old August 28th 04, 12:56 PM
onewheeldave

I usually use the static mount on my 29-er, it works fine (especially
now I've got

150mm cranks on it).

One tweak that I've found very useful with this mount is, after
positioning the

seat (to save damage to testes, position the seat too far back between
your legs,

then pull it forward, sweeping them out of harms way) and just prior to
performing

the mount, push the uni forwards slightly.

This push seems to make the pedals stay where you want them for longer
(i.e.

horizontal) and, for me, works really well.

The amount of push depends on the circumstances, a bigger push makes
mounting

facing up an incline possible.

Err on the side of caution initially though, too big a push could result
in you

going right ovcer the top of the uni.

I can, and sometimes do, use to rollback mount, but feel that the static
is more

usefull, especially on inclines.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874