Old August 28th 04, 08:46 PM
Ken Cline

"Phuni" writes:

With the static mount, I still have trouble getting the necessary
momentum to get up on the higher 29" wheel (as opposed to the 24"). I
have my left foot on the ground when starting...I guess I need to "push
off" more forcefully to get up and rolling. I can achieve it sometimes,
but it will take practice.

Once you get good it will be more technique than force. I find that
rolling the uni forward and then stepping up into a static mount is
one of the easiest (least physical) methods for mounting. The
momentum of the wheel lets you press down on the pedal long enough to
get the second foot in place ... then you can sit down in the saddle
comforatbly.

Ken