Old September 28th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Hussman

Default Tour of Woodside/Team in Training

Someone had asked where in the world this was...sorry about that. San
Francisco Bay Area, near Palo Alto, California.

On Sep 27, 1:48*pm, Hussman wrote:
First post, just a general vent...

Today, I was doing my quick one-hour Canada ride, and I saw that the
Tour for Woodside ride (supporting Woodside high school) was going
on. *So sure, my morning ride has a few more cyclists on it, good for
them, no worries for me.

I was curious what the ride would be, so when I get to the Edgewood/
Canada intersection, I see a Team in Training water stop set up. *I
asked politely if they knew the routes because I heard the Woodside
ride was for a good cause, and the guy said bluntly, 'No, we're Team
in Training.' *I asked if they were supporting the ride, and he said
(with more than a hint of condescension), 'No.'

Here's my point...this ride was scheduled for a year, I ride Canada
almost every Sunday without seeing a TNT water stop, so this isn't
common, and TNT decides to have a training session during a charity
event on their course. *Probably taking away riders from the charity
event, definitely shelling for new TNT participants.

I'm sorry, but that's low-class hooliganism. *I understand the
business aspects of charities, but that's just plain rude.