Old June 10th 21, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Riding

On 6/10/2021 10:17 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:08:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Today the wind hasn't picked up to "Oh my God" yet so I will take a ride and test out my shifting on the Eddy Merckx. The only thing I'm worried about is overshifting in the big ring and throwing the chain off.

You know, there is a limit screw on your front derailleur that prevents you from throwing the chain off. You might want to adjust that.

The chain now has three quick links in it and that isn't a good omen but we'll see.

How does that even happen? If it were a Shimano chain, at least you could use pins so you didn't have a bunch of dopey quick links.

"How does that even happen?"

'Mistakes were made'

--
Andrew Muzi