Old March 29th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Traffic Cameras: The Sheep are Fighting Back!

In article ,
Brown Cat writes:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:40:16 -0700, ComandanteBanana wrote:
You'd assume that the American people would get ****ed when Big Brother
puts x-ray machines that can see their most private parts at airports,
or when their telephones are tapped and their emails are being checked,
but NO, they are only concerned about the traffic cameras that do indeed
a great job of calming traffic and making a little bit safer for those
at the bottom of the food chain like cyclists and pedestrians...

It's because the other invasions of privacy are justified as being
necessary to prevent terrorism. If someone with a good enough imagination
made people believe the red light cameras prevented terrorism then they
would have no difficulty leaving them there generating revenue.

Drivers who ignore traffic lights ~are~ terrorists.

If people were smart and sociable enough to understand
the basic right-of-way conventions, we wouldn't even
need traffic lights!

As it now stands, traffic law is dumbed-down to
almost the lowest common denominator of idiocy.
I say "almost" because I've seen even greater
depths of antisocial idiocy plombed upon the iters.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at: