Old February 24th 16, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default StarPerú DESTROYED the bicycle

On 2/24/2016 1:06 PM, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
StarPerú destroyed my Brompton. I am not exaggerating. The damage is
so severe it seems to have been intentional. They claim that by
identifying it as a bicycle, I released them from any responsibility. I
claim that identifying it as a bicycle constitutes a recommendation for
appropriate care, not a request for greater abuse! I told them my
insurance company's lawyers will likely have their own interpretation.

I am in Lima, Perú, and Brompton has no dealers in the country. I can
figure out other means of transportation until my return to Oklahoma,
but I am not sure a replacement—pretty close to the two thousand dollar
insurance limit—can be delivered there before I have to leave for Spain.

It may be that the frame and front wheel can be salvaged, reducing the
cost considerably, but I would have to show it to a Brompton dealer to
know. The loss may result in increased costs for transportation by
other means, not to mention that I might need to spend extra to route a
trip through London to visit the factory for repair or replacement.
Shipping times for parts and/or replacement makes any other location
(except maybe Madrid) impractical due to my travel commitments.

So, it's bus and foot for the next month at least.

I'd be interested in photos of the bike.

--
- Frank Krygowski