Old March 5th 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joerg[_2_]

Default StarPerĂș DESTROYED the bicycle

On 2016-02-28 10:37, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 02-27-2016 19:51, Joerg wrote:
That's one type of union toss. I've once seen my stuff being chucked out
of an airliner right onto the tarmac ... THWACK.

On one flight, they demanded a gate check of my backpack. I removed my
computer first. Instead of sliding it onto the roller-ramp through the
hole designed for that purpose, he picked up over the rail and dropped
it four feet.

I hope you reported that employee.

They are unionized so can't be fired, and they know it. I've had the
same with UPS where a guy tossed shipments over the backyard gate onto
our concrete basketball court. One package was an expensive piece of
equipment. During a serious conversation with a manager it turned out
that disciplining those guys is not very easy because there is a union.
So I use Fedex for my shipments. Now that's not to diss UPS drivers in
general as there are definitely nice ones, including for our

Unfortunately, even the nice ones in both outfits follow the company
guidelines that leaving a huge box (with pictures of iMac on all sides)
on a porch is "delivery". Neither weather, nor the nearby eyeballs of
neighborhood delinquents makes a difference. I've even had them ignore
the "signature required" setting.

But then you can make them pay for the damage.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/