Old November 25th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

Default Wheel walking.

I'm finally getting the hang of WW after quite a bit of practice. There
is a lot of good advice in this thread and elsewhere. However, there
are 3 things that helped me that I have not seen mentioned.
1. What exactly does 'lean back' mean? You have to stay centered over
the wheel or you will fall. I found that there are 2 basic ways to lean
back and stay centered over the wheel: you can lean your shoulders back
and then your hips forward, or you can lean your shoulders forward and
your hips back. After trying both, and watching people who already
could do it, I realized you need to angle your hips back and hunch your
shoulders forward a bit.

2. Once you get the first push or two it helps to squeeze the front of
the seat a bit with your inner thighs as you push to help limit the
wobble of the uni.

3. Its not that much more difficult to start the WW from a slow ride
than from a wall-assisted still stand. In fact, its probably easier.

ro

--
rolandisimo