Old September 12th 03, 06:26 PM
R15757

Default recessed vs non-recessed cleat on clipless pedal shoes

Should I get the typical road shoe that has the cleat that
sticks out and makes it difficult to walk, or should I get the
recessed cleat shoe (typically thought of for mountain biking. I will
be biking about three days a week, 10 to 25 miles each time.

Mark, I vote for the ATB set-up. For anything other than racing, the modest
advantages of road pedals/shoes will be cancelled by the inability to walk in
comfort. Wear mtb shoes and use your bike for everyday tasks like shopping,
buying crack, etc.

Robert