Old June 30th 04, 09:45 PM
amirm

Default help! need hands-on insight into trainers

Hi everyone:

contemplating to purchase a trainer, and having a look at what's
generally available in the market, I have the following questions. Any
experience to share?

1. It seems there are at least three mechanisms: hydraulic, magnetic
and wind (?). Any better than the others? why?

2. The contact with the rear wheel also seems to be in two ways:
contact of a roller with the contact surface of the rear tyre (like
a little dyno), or two rollers contact both sides of the side-walls.
Any one better?

3. Do they break frequently or are they fairly die hard? In
other words, do we need spare parts down the track? hence the
brand matters?

4. What difference justifies the price difference among different
models of the same brand? eg features, durability, noise?

5. Any brand is doing better? Was thinking of Minoura (spelling?).

Any insight is appreciated. Cheers,