Old January 10th 04, 12:16 AM
Tom Kunich

Default Selling Spare Bikes

I've got some spare bikes that I need to get rid of in order to make some
room in my garage. All prices required added shipping. I've flat run out of
room and just bought two more bikes. One of them is presently in my family
room and the other in transit.

I'm 6'4" and have a 35" inseam and wear a 35" shirt sleeve. These bikes all
fit me nearly perfect. It's hard for me to sell them but I need the room if
I'm going to have enough room to hang all of them up in the garage. They are
riders and so there are the usual paint scratches and nicks in them. If
you're a perfectionist you don't want them. There aren't any dents or stuff
like that. They are all bikes that you would love to own and ride.

60 cm c-c Vitus 992 with Ultegra STI 9-speed mostly Ultegra parts and nice
nearly new DuraAce hubs on Campy Montreal 76 rims. Painted Lotto team Red
and Black Holstein pattern. Quite a few paint scratches but nothing serious.
VERY nice riding bike and the one that I do the vast majority of my riding
on when there's any significant climbing. $800

62 cm c-t Colnago Master with mostly Campy Chorus 8-speed Ergo group. Mirage
or some such level wheels. This bike was purchased from a European team and
has the number holder under the top tube. Very nice riding bike but be aware
that it is a stiff bike for rapid acceleration by a strong rider. Bike is
painted basic black with some white highlights - looks like a pro paintjob.
Some scratches but the sort of thing that any bike that is used accumulates.
Very little wear on group since I pulled it off of another bike after a
couple of weeks in order to put on a Record group and kept this one around
for some years before putting it on this bike a couple of years ago. I don't
think I've put 500 miles on it since then. $1100

62 cm c-t Bottecchia (Alle tubing). Circa '92 Campy 8-speed components with
downtube shifters that are the nicest shifting things that I've ever had. It
is circa '92 LeMond Yellow and Violet paint in pretty fair condition. This
Bottecchia rides like an absolute dream. I prefer it on long rides because
of the amazing comfort. The rear wheel is being professionally respoked
right this second. I hesitate to sell it because it is the perfect riding
bike but I have four other great riding bikes and generally only use this a
couple of times a year to do centuries. $750