Old September 6th 20, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Tomorrow is Saturday!

Saturday again. I grinned grotesquely while putting a band-aid on my
chin.

Hum, that sort of scans and rhymes. I had been annoyed by a bandaid
popping off when I grinned, and decided to stick it on a grin. It
worked.

I'd been planning to get in an extra mile by coming back around the
south end of the lake, but on Thursday, I read in the paper that the
Legion was selling chicken today. It isn't as good as their pork
chops, but it is very, very good, and for ten dollars I got two meals
for two people, and there is a serving of chicken breast left over.

Getting to the farmer's market early enough to find some vegetables
left led to leaving the market about half an hour before the chicken
was done, so I took a look at Rotary Park, where I'd planned to eat a
sack lunch before riding around the lake, and might next week.

There is a water fountain at the park! There hasn't been a place to
refill my bottles on that side of town since Owen's supermarket went
broke. The fountain at the City-County Athletic Complex had been
removed long before because, a maintenance worker told me, there had
often been a line-up to use it.

The park looks complete, except that there are no signs up to tell you
the name of the park and the significance of the huge gears that have
been put up as a sculpture. They came from a local factory of
historical significance, and were the first improvement intalled a few
years ago.

I was surprised to find a curb all the way around the park, except for
the wheelchair ramp at the intersection. Not one parking place!

Hold, I didn't inspect the Center Street side with that thought in
mind. Might be an entrance for maintenance vehicles on that side.

The old photos on Google Maps show that the plot really, really needed
to be made into a park -- or *something*.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net