Old November 16th 20, 11:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_7_]

Default Stepping up

Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 14:18:53 -0000 (UTC), Duane
wrote:

I bought my Bianchi Volpe from the Down Tube in 1990 or 91. But I think
it was on Madison. Not far from the tulips.

Madison sounds more right than Central Avenue.

(Took me years to learn to say "Center Street" after we retired here.)

Google Maps agrees. Way cool: there's a "Kim's Asian Market" about
where I think "Kim's Oriental Grocery" was. That was where I first
met rice cakes. "I want a snack, hey rice is *perfect* %#+&! --
there's no *food* in this!"

I miss buying ramen labeled in four or five languages, none of which
use the latin alphabet. But spouse is no longer allowed to eat
noodles, and a packet is too much for one.

It amused me to buy hot sesame oil on the same trip that I bought 12%
vinegar -- what a *zingy* salad I could have made! I pickled garlic
by simply dropping bulbils into a bottle.

When I can go into stores again, I must ask whether Warsaw Health
Foods can order full-strength vinegar.

I lived off Central on Austain. Not far from SUNY. Albany was an
interesting city but they rolled up the streets early.