Old November 16th 20, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Stepping up

On 11/15/2020 11:46 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:49:35 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

And I think going up stairs is much more strenuous per step, or per
revolution, than riding a bike. On stairs, during each step you take
your leg supports your entire body weight. On a bike the force on your
leg is normally much less.

One year I came back from the September Century saying someting like
"I can't believe I finished when I never had time to ride more than
fifty miles in practice."

My spouse pointed out that we lived in a house with three levels: the
kitchen was on the ground floor and the food was in the basement. We
kept our clothes and linens two flights above the washing machine --

That's exactly what we're doing today.

Similarly, I can remember doing repairs in top floor bathroom in this
house as well as another house. I remember the most fatiguing part of
the job was carrying some one-pound tool or another, PLUS my body
weight, up two flights of stairs. It got tough when the job demanded
more and more tools. I was wishing for a teenage "gopher."

You know - "Gopher the pipe wrench." "Gopher the propane torch," etc.

--
- Frank Krygowski