Old November 19th 05, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default How to mount Softride on a repair stand?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Gareth wrote:
I have a Park consumer workstand that has worked out great for all my
bikes. I even have an old seatpost I use when I'm working on a bike
that has a carbon post.

I bought a Softride today, and I have no idea how to get this thing
up on the workstand. I'm obviously not the first person with this
problem. What are the solutions? Preferably not exspensive ones :-)

Thanks,

Gareth

Just turn the clamp 90 degrees and clamp the end of the beam, just in
front of the saddle. It'll be OK.

In other words, the cantilever seatpost will be able to handle a 23-lb bike
if it can handle a 200-lb rider, even if it is negative stress.

Make sure the clamp has the plastic/rubber shim on there.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training