Old December 14th 09, 04:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.rides
LionTeaser

Default Life is like a bicycle

On Dec 13, 9:38 pm, Ron Wallenfang wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:03 pm, LionWhisperer wrote:

On Dec 12, 10:48 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

But you still endeavour to scare people off their bikes.
That is an evil and wicked goal.
Screw you and the horse you rode into town on.
Your ANTI-bicycling propaganda cannot withstand
the light of truth.

What scares people is the predators that I'm trying to put in the
cage.

I've challenged you and anyone else out there to come here and face
this jungle. We make a movie and we'll be celebrities going safari!

But you seem to be more stupid than the beast.

As per a previous exchange we've had, I have biked through your
"jungle" in Miami, and did not find it easy, at least not on US 1
coming up from the south.

You have often asserted that "Christian" motorists are responsible for
the danger. If this were so and Miami is uniquely dangerous, we ought
to find a huge concentration of Christian Church-goers in Miami. So I
checked it out and, guess what, there isn't. My research source here
is Dave Olson atwww.TheAmericanChurch.org. According to its national
statistics, weekly Christian Church attendance in Florida is
substandard at 15%, and Dade County is below the Florida average.
North Dakota is tied (with LA) for first with just under 30%. I
single out North Dakota, because two of my most pleasant long bike
trip segments were in ND. One is atwww.crazyguyonabike.com/doc4786-
see days 10-12, especially 12. I'll give the cite for the other is a
follow-up post. Wisconsin, where I live is not far behind the
leaders, and also is a very good place to bike ride.

You are a true SURVIVOR of the jungle! Maybe you shuld send your
report to...

http://comebackalive.com/site3.php?p...tion_id=things

Anyway, I don't even define myself as an atheist. I guess I belong
with Mark Twain in questioning things like Religion and Politics...

"The motto stated a lie. If this nation has ever trusted in God, that
time has gone by; for nearly half a century almost its entire trust
has been in the Republican party and the dollar--mainly the dollar. I
recognize that I am only making an assertion and furnishing no proof;
I am sorry, but this is a habit of mine; sorry also that I am not
alone in it; everybody seems to have this disease."
- Mark Twain in Eruption

Anyway, I'm aiming at a trilogy formed by Government, Religion and
Corporations... Where one begins and the other one ends is hard to
know. I can't address government and corporations though this forum,
but I can reach the only organized party I know: THE CHRISTIANS. They
voted Bush into office on issues like the war, gays and abortion. I
can also blame the Republicans for it, but this is not fair either.
SUVs and Globalization came into fashion under Clinton. And chances
are things won't be fixed under Obama either.

Why don't we drop the "In God we trust" from the mighty dollar and
start facing the problem at the source? What's the source and the
bottom end of it? THE DOLLAR. We can't ride bikes because it's not
convenient and comfortable for the trilogy. I'm sure there are many
people out there questioning things, and they may be Christian...
fine!

Justice can come through in many ways: Jesus inspired Gandhi, and
Gandhi inspired M.L. King. My praise to them. But we are dealing with
a nation that casually defines itself as Christian and yet it's part
of the worst predation. It may be good for the casual observer, but
not for the li-on hunter (hunter of the lie)... that's pure
CAMOUFLAGE.