Old October 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Werehatrack

Default Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:51:03 CST, Tosspot
wrote:

Werehatrack wrote:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:04:56 CST, wrote:

snip

- After playing with the brakes for a few minutes, I noticed that the
discs get noticeably warm, around 170F.

Gosh, you had a contact thermometer available? I'm impressed.

IR Thermometer. Every cyclist should have one.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/digit...hermometer.htm

I have one, actually, but it's a Raytek. I find that for small
surfaces, its utility is limited.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.