Old July 22nd 20, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default An adjustable wrench, a pair of pliers, and a literally-cool head

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:08:02 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I'm not sure if it would solve any problems but I have changed every
bolt on my bicycles to Allen (Hex) head and carry, if I remember
correctly, 4, Allen wrenches that will everything and all together
make up a package that , what? An ounce or so in weight and will fit
nearly anyplace.

I once tried to change all my bolts to metric. It proved to be
impossible, partly because there was a poor selection of metric
stainless bolts.

I did get stuff down to where a six mm wrench, an eight mm wrench, and
a crescent wrench would handle it. Then I lost the decades-refined
tool kit by trusting a bungee cord to hold it, and it still hasn't
regenerated. I can't even find a saddle bag to keep it in! There is
nothing between "one spare tube" and "enough clothes to tour the
world."

I replaced the patch kit and the spare tube with the phone number of
FastCab. Haven't needed to call them yet, but I've summoned my spouse
a few times.

Several years ago, we had the hardest time locating each other in a
wee tiny town. At length we both spotted the gazebo that was all
there was to the town park, and met there.

--
Joy Beeson
joy al beeson at gmail dot com