Old August 18th 20, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Things my BSO can do

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 23:04:36 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 08:56:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Or perhaps the classic "Bicycle Suit". Dated perhaps but you might
turn it in to a new fad :-)
http://yesterdaysthimble.com/wp-cont...unch_1895v.jpg

I do wear the knickers! Never on the BSO, of course.

There is an example of how the English language changes from country
to country. In the U.K. "Knickers" are "Panties" in the U.S. and
Knickers in the U.S. are "Plus-Fours" in the U.K. :-)

I wonder about keeping stuff in those pockets; they would bounce
around a lot when pedalling. And the skirt is long enough to catch on
the saddle when mounting a top-bar bike. I suppose the mini-skirt was
managed the same way I manage my floor-length skirts, without the need
to pull it up before sitting down.

Pity the picture doesn't show what sort of bike the lady would ride.

Yesterday's Thimble is a cool website; I have bookmarked it.

The Bicycle Suit seems to date from about 1895 and "safety bicycles"
were pretty much the rage by then, I believe.
https://bikehistory.org/history/1895-1900.html
--
Cheers,

John B.