Old September 23rd 20, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default I approved of a road bike on a sidewalk.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 19:48:36 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

This afternoon, I looked across the street, saw a road bike on the
sidewalk, and told my companion the rider was doing right.

Those narrow tires slice into fresh, hot asphalt.

We haven't the slightest idea why our street is being paved -- I
hadn't had the least bit of discomfort on my inch-and-a-quarter tires,
and every hole dug in it had been properly repaired -- but it *does*
look very nice.

Would have been better if they had told us in advance so people would
know to go around on Chestnut Street.

If the paving was contracted out perhaps it was simply included in a
package - pave the streets on the X side of town. If done by the
village roads department then perhaps to keep Mrs. Z from complaining
that "they paved that street, why didn't they pave mine?"

--
Cheers,

John B.