Old September 25th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

Default CTC error

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:17:13 +0100 someone who may be "wafflycat"
wrote this:-

This will be Jon Snow, the newsreader, who back in February on 'Richard &
Judy' (13th February 2006) admitted he tells people not to take up cycling
as "it's too dangerous out there" and that cyclists should be kept separate
from traffic on separate facilities, so promoting the erroneous view that
cycling is inherently dangerous. How long is it going to take before this
comes back and bites the CTC in its organisational backside when the media
picks up on how the CTC has a president who thinks cyclists should be kept
off the roads, yet at the same time supporting Daniel Cadden, a CTC member
who was fined for cycling on the road. Mixed messages from the CTC, anyone?

I feel like handing in my CTC membership in disgust.

I'm not a member. However, they can be jerked into action by a
suitably worded e-mail. My impression is that the organisation
consists of two parts. One are the generic organisation bods, who
move from one organisation to the other at will. The others are
those interested in cycling.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh