Old September 19th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

Default Trials Discussion Thread

Danni wrote:
I love trials, but I fear that street is starting to become more
popular.

Don't worry about that. Just do what you love doing.

The sport's very young, and there are many directions you can take each
discipline in. Look how Zack integrated street into his trials. Or,
what about Keaton Miller? What do you call his riding style, strials?

MUni was the first 'extreme' side of unicycling to be popular, and then
with Kris Holm, Universe 1, and Profile cranks Trials gained more
popularity because it was something new. Suddenly a new field of
possibilities cropped up for unicyclists. And of course people like
Heaton were laying down the law with street back in 2000, but it took
people until Universe 2 to really catch up, and the amount of street
riders started growing. The second and third wave of riders to come
along since those movies have really revolutionized the sport. They
made it new and exciting. Also, there are a large number of prominent
street riders who possess unique styles all to their own. I don't know
how many riders have their own styles anymore since street's starting
to have trends just like any other street sport.

Who knows. Maybe something else, or someone else will come along and
do something new that a lot of people will get excited about and want
to join in on, too.

I will commend anyone that's proudly doing their own thing, regardless
of what's popular. Make up your own style, your own hybrid of
unicycling. Take what's out there and view it in a different context,
a different way, and go for it.

Even if trials were seen as completely stupid I would still be riding
it, because that's what I love. I love that competition with balance,
gravity, and my own mental/physical abilities.

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com