Old March 14th 07, 10:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Run over by a ute

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:14:17 +1000
Scott Blanch wrote:
When the incident was reported to the police they couldn't seem to care
less and in fact told me that there was no need for it to be reported.
Although he he did ring up the driver to confirm that he was responsible
and that he is prepared to pay after my concerns that the driver only
left me with his first name and a very roughly scribbled mob. no. The
quote for the bike comes to $2794.00 which includes a new pair of pedals

In which case maybe the cops were wrong. Most states have a rule about
how a crash must be reported if there's an injury or if damage is above
a certain amount. I think 2 grand is the limit in NSW, but it has been
a while.

Zebee