Old January 2nd 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scoope

Default Choosing a MUni

Mono

Depends on the style of off-road you wish to do. If you want to do
technical downhill you will need a 24" but if you intend a more XC style
of off-road then a 26" or a 29" will be the way to go.

For 24" the Nimbus Muni is a great uni - reasonably priced and good
quality, the Nimbus can be upgraded by ordering the Kris Holm Moment
cranks at the time of purchase. Next up is the Kris Holm 24" - more
expensive but has a lighter aluminium frame.

Nimbus also make a 26" version of their Muni and the same can be said
for their 26" as I said for the 24".

At the 29" spot - the Kris Holm is probably the best bet.

As to crank length - with a 24" get a 150mm a this seems to be the
standard and you learned with 152mm cranks. With the 26" it will be a
toss up between 150mm and 165 mm.

With the 29" probably dual hole cranks - 125mm/150mm.

I must say I have read your progress links and I am truly impressed at
how quickly you have attained the skills you have so far!

Cheers

Simon

--
scoope