Old June 25th 04, 06:28 AM
David

Default general buying advice please

Thanks for the replies.

You really won't get anything decent at that price level. Suspension will

be
poor quality and performance at that price. What's wrong with your

"ancient
mountain bike" that it needs changing. Either look to spend double you

max
budget or put the money into giving your current bike a service

My current ancient bike was bought for £30 from the freeads to enable me to
chase after the kids and round 'em up when they go in opposite directions on
their bikes/scooters. I found myself (unexpectedly) really enjoying riding.
My bike is actually too big a frame for me. As I have some redundancy money
I can afford to buy a new bike, but obviously can't spend an absolute
fortune.

Seems to me that the front only suspension bikes are cheaper. Never having
ridden a bike with suspension, what are the pro's and con's of front/rear
suspension both on and off road?