Old August 15th 05, 10:19 PM
peter.bier

Default Viscount Seat Question

The standard viscount cover does not take too kindly to being removed
and replaced. I've done it before in order to fix spinning bolts and it
was never quite the same afterwards.

Also from memory the foam is actually glued to the seat base so it will
take careful prising to remove it.

When removing the cover you also have to pull it off areas where it is
glued down. When you remount the cover the bumpers help to hold it down
but it is going to look fairly wrinkly unless you reglue it.

Have you tried an airseat yet? Some people rave about them but I
personally favour the UDC gel saddle over my air seat. It takes a lot
of fiddling to get an air seat just right. You will probably end up
removing and remounting stuff serveral times to get the set up
comfortable so it is advisable to have something like a fusion cover to
make the continual mounting and remounting less of a pain.

--
peter.bier - Posting since 97

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506