Old February 15th 08, 02:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default 1000 uses for old tubes

On Feb 15, 11:07*am, Donga wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:42 am, Jack Russell wrote:

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.instructables.com/id/10-o...Bicycle-Tubes/
not too sure about the laptop key one....

Meant to reply when this first came up. They are great for plant ties
i.e. tying shrubs etc to stakes.

Our local roadies seem to think that they make attractive roadside
decorations or I assume that is why they throw them at the roadside!

As do many of the people who commute on Gardiners creek track in
Melbourne; old tubes, tyre levers, bidons, CO2 cartridges from those
people who must have a really urgent commute

Remove norubbish to reply

I do my bit by picking them up and taking them home to repair and re-
use.

Unfortunately I can't do that with all the gel/bar wrappers these
f*ckers discard. Like at the Alpine Classic, they can lug 50g of
liquid lunch up the hill, but they can't manage to take the wrapper
home to the bin. Even in an event like the MTB Epic, where you are out
enjoying natural beauty by direct contact, wrappers are everywhere. It
appalls me that organisers never take a stand about it. Like some anti-
litter promotions, or heaven help us, an emu parade after. I am in
favour of a report/DQ system.

I was amazed at the number of bidons ditched at the side of the road
on the classic, and just in general riding around town.

Similarly the amy's ride down near Geelong; bidons, food wrappers, and
a never ending stream of the ride numbers that had been ditched out of
jersey pockets.

Donga

Adrian