Dogs

Old February 10th 20, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Dogs

One of the comments on today's Dogs of C Kennel
https://www.gocomics.com/dogsofckennel/2020/02/09
reminded me of the time I was riding on a back road in Upstate New
York, and a dog came out of a yard, but instead of attacking, fell in
behind me and followed along as if he were my dog. It was
embarrassing at first, because he had no manners and I had no way to
tell passing drivers that I wasn't responsible for his behavior.

Then I came to the next house with a neglected dog, and instead of
attacking me, the critter enjoyed a dog fight with my unwanted
companion until I got too far away and companion broke off to catch up
with me. I forget how many dogs he distracted.

For a while, I worried about tolling him too far from his home, then I
started wondering what I would do with him when I got home.

By great good fortune, before I got to a main road where his lack of
manners could have gotten him killed, I passed a lawn where several
children were playing. An old lady on a bike couldn't compete with
that, and I left him behind.

I hope he found his way home after the children were called in for
supper.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old February 10th 20, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jOHN b.

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 22:55:49 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

[...]

Or maybe he was adopted at the children's house :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old February 10th 20, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/9/2020 10:55 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

[...]

Once, touring across South Dakota, we had a friendly farm dog run along
with us on the side of the road for a couple miles. That was despite
tailwinds that had us flying along over 20 mph.

At one point, the road we were on crossed a bridge over a creek. He ran
down to the creek and we thought we'd seen the last of him, but he came
charging wetly up the other side and resumed running along with us.

It was only when our speed increased to near 30 mph that he fell behind
and gave up. We called him Wonderdog. Fun times!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Dogs. Hake UK 27 August 24th 07 04:13 PM
CN going to the dogs ? raoul patato valdez Racing 1 July 16th 07 04:12 AM
What do YOU do abt dogs? [email protected] Techniques 40 April 28th 07 03:45 PM
here we go with the dogs again Andre Racing 2 July 18th 06 02:34 PM
VDB Going to the Dogs B. Lafferty Racing 0 June 8th 06 11:43 PM