A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » Australia
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

riding bikes ROCKS



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old December 13th 05, 06:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:29:48 +0000, Rhubarb wrote:

Nothing quite like leaving grid locked cars for dead.

And no doubt whinge about cyclists taking up the road they pay for!


You mean like Mr ****ing Genius, who I think must have been from Lotte's
(red) neck of the woods, judging by the intelligence and the ute.

Cruising down a suburban street at 30 being passed nicely by a bunch of
cars when a ute passes with next to no clearance and "****ing
blhablhablab" out the window. 100m later we get to the red light, and he
can see I'm going to lane split between him in the right run lane and the
cars going straight or left (I saw him look at the mirror, probably the
first time ever), so, after stopping, he rolls forward and hard left. So
I went to his right in the big gap he left, with a one finger salute and a
cheery "thanks mate!".

--
Dave Hughes |
"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what *can*
you believe?!" - Bullwinkle J. Moose

Ads
  #12  
Old December 13th 05, 06:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS

Random Data wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:29:48 +0000, Rhubarb wrote:

Nothing quite like leaving grid locked cars for dead.

And no doubt whinge about cyclists taking up the road they pay for!


You mean like Mr ****ing Genius, who I think must have been from Lotte's
(red) neck of the woods, judging by the intelligence and the ute.

Cruising down a suburban street at 30 being passed nicely by a bunch of
cars when a ute passes with next to no clearance and "****ing
blhablhablab" out the window. 100m later we get to the red light, and he
can see I'm going to lane split between him in the right run lane and the
cars going straight or left (I saw him look at the mirror, probably the
first time ever), so, after stopping, he rolls forward and hard left. So
I went to his right in the big gap he left, with a one finger salute and a
cheery "thanks mate!".


Good reaction! 10 points for the cyclist!

Tam
  #13  
Old December 13th 05, 12:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


I'm happy, got my 150k for the day, took photos of Sandown, one of my
lads got 2nd *again*, and a free dinner. Mmmmm

  #14  
Old December 13th 05, 10:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


Bleve Wrote:
Today, something must have been in the air in Melbourne (Dutchy's old
socks? Euan's knicks? I don't wish to speculate) but the Eastern side
of the city was in just about total gridlock. Canterbury Rd was *not*
moving from Vermont to around Surrey Hills ... once I threaded through
the carpit, the rest of my ride in was gorgeous. Sunny, cool, hint of
tailwind ... and all the cars must have been stuck in the jam ..
because the traffic was really light from Surrey Hills onwards.

I saw the Eastern carpark chock solid from Hoddle to Doncaster Rd
(inbound) when riding out of the city at ~7am too ... amazing ... all
those cars, going nowhere, burning oil ...

Anyone know what caused it? I heard some truck crashed at ~1am on the
SE carpark, but that doesn't explain the mess on the Eastern or
Canterbury Rd? Pah... if they'd been on bikes .. it'd have not been
an
issue. Imagine if the freeways were turned over to bikes? Mmmmmm
Soon
my precious, soon ....


East Melbourne is missing the hippy that's what!

With no nutter cyclist to yell at the cars, keep them on the straight
and narrow, they don't know what to do :P

hippy
- as full of himself as ever!


--
hippy

  #15  
Old December 13th 05, 10:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS

hippy wrote:

Bleve Wrote:
Today, something must have been in the air in Melbourne (Dutchy's old
socks? Euan's knicks? I don't wish to speculate) but the Eastern side
of the city was in just about total gridlock. Canterbury Rd was *not*
moving from Vermont to around Surrey Hills ... once I threaded through
the carpit, the rest of my ride in was gorgeous. Sunny, cool, hint of
tailwind ... and all the cars must have been stuck in the jam ..
because the traffic was really light from Surrey Hills onwards.

I saw the Eastern carpark chock solid from Hoddle to Doncaster Rd
(inbound) when riding out of the city at ~7am too ... amazing ... all
those cars, going nowhere, burning oil ...

Anyone know what caused it? I heard some truck crashed at ~1am on the
SE carpark, but that doesn't explain the mess on the Eastern or
Canterbury Rd? Pah... if they'd been on bikes .. it'd have not been
an
issue. Imagine if the freeways were turned over to bikes? Mmmmmm
Soon
my precious, soon ....


East Melbourne is missing the hippy that's what!

With no nutter cyclist to yell at the cars, keep them on the straight
and narrow, they don't know what to do :P

hippy
- as full of himself as ever!

--
hippy


What's the runner babbling about? I hear he thinks he's a cyclist.

Tam
  #16  
Old December 13th 05, 11:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


Tamyka Bell Wrote:
hippy wrote:



East Melbourne is missing the hippy that's what!

With no nutter cyclist to yell at the cars, keep them on the

straight
and narrow, they don't know what to do :P

hippy
- as full of himself as ever!

--
hippy


What's the runner babbling about? I hear he thinks he's a cyclist.

Tam



or home sick....


--
warrwych

  #17  
Old December 14th 05, 06:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


Tamyka Bell Wrote:

What's the runner babbling about? I hear he thinks he's a cyclist.


Blah, blah, blah.. you're delerious from your 50k. :P

I can still ride, I just need some cheesy music and a gym wench telling
me to "stand up, imagine yourself riding up a hill.."

hippy
"You've changed.."


--
hippy

  #18  
Old December 14th 05, 06:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


warrwych Wrote:
or home sick....


*sob*

The double summer I enjoyed bites back..
Now I get to listen to you lot talk about your racing while I worry
about whether I have an ironed shirt to wear to work.

Kill me.

hippy
- In other news: Double-header of Fat Boy Slim on Fri followed by
Chemical Warfare Sat! Mwuahahahah! Even in winter, London rocks!
(Still wanna race though.. )


--
hippy

  #19  
Old December 14th 05, 09:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


hippy wrote:
Tamyka Bell Wrote:

What's the runner babbling about? I hear he thinks he's a cyclist.


Blah, blah, blah.. you're delerious from your 50k. :P

I can still ride, I just need some cheesy music and a gym wench telling
me to "stand up, imagine yourself riding up a hill.."


mmm, gym wench ....




hippy
"You've changed.."


Not your socks though

"I can smell, smell, smell you ..."
"smell you from here, whoa!"




--
hippy


  #20  
Old December 14th 05, 09:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default riding bikes ROCKS


hippy Wrote:
*sob*

The double summer I enjoyed bites back..
Now I get to listen to you lot talk about your racing while I worry
about whether I have an ironed shirt to wear to work.

Kill me.

hippy
- In other news: Double-header of Fat Boy Slim on Fri followed by
Chemical Warfare Sat! Mwuahahahah! Even in winter, London rocks!
(Still wanna race though.. )


Ironed shirt????????????????????????IRONED
SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? you're already dead man!

fingers in ears - fat boy??? - I cant hear you I cant hear you. And
racing next week is........


--
warrwych

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why riding bikes is a better way to lose weight than jogging. Rush Social Issues 48 October 20th 04 08:41 PM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Free Bikes Instead of School Bus (long) [Not Responding] UK 18 May 17th 04 06:44 AM
What bikes should I be test riding? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 April 13th 04 08:23 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.