Brake lever hoods for Campy Super Record brake levers still available?

Old October 7th 03, 03:23 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

Default Brake lever hoods for Campy Super Record brake levers still available?

Hello,

My uncle is restoring an old bike of his.
It has Campy Freni Super Record brakes (levers and calipers) circa 1982-1983.
Anyway, the hoods are worn out and he needs to replace them.
Is this part still available?
If so, where?

TIA,

- Boyd S.
Old October 7th 03, 08:48 PM
Jeff Wills

Boyd Speerschneider wrote in message ...
Hello,

My uncle is restoring an old bike of his.
It has Campy Freni Super Record brakes (levers and calipers) circa 1982-1983.
Anyway, the hoods are worn out and he needs to replace them.
Is this part still available?
If so, where?

http://www.bicycleclassics.com/brakes.html , among others.

Jeff
Old October 8th 03, 06:03 AM
Meccanico di Bici

Boyd Speerschneider wrote in message ...
Hello,

My uncle is restoring an old bike of his.
It has Campy Freni Super Record brakes (levers and calipers) circa 1982-1983.
Anyway, the hoods are worn out and he needs to replace them.
Is this part still available?
If so, where?

TIA,

- Boyd S.

Euro-Asia Imports has a nice set of replacement hoods they sell under
their own name. No logos on 'em, traditional gum or black colors,
about $22. Although not original, they look nice and may save you a
little $$$$$$. Get 'em at Vecchio's. Cheers.
--Jim
Old October 8th 03, 04:29 PM
Phil Brown

ds they sell under
their own name. No logos on 'em, traditional gum or black colors,
about $22. Although not original, they look nice and may save you a
little $$$$$$.

They don't ahve the same look as real Campys. If you're restoring a bike pop
for the real thing. If you want to ride it gum Modulos look more like the real
thing.
Phil Brown
Old October 9th 03, 03:29 PM
Phil Brown

I suspect Euro-Asia didn't want to make *exact* copies of the Campy
hoods to avoid paying licensing fees. Since the OP wanted
*replacements* as opposed to *reproductions* I'd be willing to bet
they're good enough.

It's the material. It has a funny sort of brown color, not a gum at all.
Phil Brown