New-ish additions.

Old July 23rd 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

Default New-ish additions.

I made a trip to my hometown today, to pick up a unicycle frame I had
welded for me, and to pick up another unicycle that my mum got off a
customer who goes to the shop that she works at. The unicycle from the
customer ended up being given to me, due to it's condition, which was
cool.

When looking at the said unicycle, there was something
strange about it, for a start the wheel was built the same way I built
up my old unicycle wheels, also the seat was padded out more the same
as I had done with my old unicycles. when stripping the unicycle to get
it home easier, I decided to see what the seat was padded with. Much to
my surprise and amusement, it was a school P.E. t-shirt from my old
school, with my name on the label.

So yeah, this unicycle is the first unicycle I owned, the
one I learned to unicycle on. I sold it to a mate about 10 years ago,
at somepoint he sold it on. The customer who dropped the unicycle at
mums work for me lives a few doors along from my mates old house. I've
not seen it since I sold it, and hadn't expected to see it again, but
it's back with me.

http://tinyurl.com/5nj3xo

Back to the frame I had welded for me, I got one of those mini bikes,
cut it up, and had it welded so I have a mini-giraffe-unicycle. It
looks cool, not running at the moment, need a fixed wheel sprocket, so
I built it up using a freewheel to see what it looks like and how mini
it will be. It has a 6 inch wheel, and it stands 2ft 1 inch from ground
to the dip in the seat.

http://tinyurl.com/6zsq5n

http://tinyurl.com/5ulhyw

http://tinyurl.com/57lt66

http://tinyurl.com/5eoa7e

So yeah, all in all a cool day.

Fraggle
Old July 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Does your new-old uni bring back fond memories?

Fraggle wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/5eoa7e

If you are looking for a serious challenge, you could ride it as is. A
guy in TWNR rode a coaster 16".

I've heard that normal fixed-gear mini giraffes are easier to learn to
ride than a regular 20".

What's the effective wheel size?

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old July 24th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unidunc

If you get that mini giraffe going please post a video

--
unidunc

*)-90'-unispin-O* 1st Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdHIBmvw6k
newest vid from the video challenge - i didnt finish it on time
Old July 24th 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

skilewis74 wrote:
Does your new-old uni bring back fond memories?

If you are looking for a serious challenge, you could ride it as is. A
guy in TWNR rode a coaster 16".

I've heard that normal fixed-gear mini giraffes are easier to learn to
ride than a regular 20".

What's the effective wheel size?

Yeah, now I'm in two minds as to wether I want to sell it on.

The wheel had a freewheel one side and a brake the other side, so I
could get the fixed wheel sprocket for one side and a freewheel for the
other. This way I could learn to ride it fixed wheel, then flip the
wheel round and try freewheeling for a laugh.

Overall height of the wheel is 6 inches.

F.

--
Fraggle
Old July 24th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

unidunc wrote:
If you get that mini giraffe going please post a video

It should be running for the weekend, so a vid will be up about then.

F.

--
Fraggle