Maxxis Hookworm on a wide rim

Old July 24th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Default Maxxis Hookworm on a wide rim

Good to hear. I just wanted to be sure.
The pictures of the tire online make it look pretty skinny and it had
me worried.

skilewis74 wrote:
He also ran it on his 07 KH.

It might not work as well on a wider rim than that 47mm. The next
larger size rim I've heard of is the Large Marge, and 2.5" is only 63.5
mm, so I bet it wouldn't work on that rim. (I think a tire's max width
has to be at least 1/4" wider than the internal width of the rim.)

Ok. I wasn't sure what other unicycle he'd used it on.

Sounds good then. The DB-45 is in fact 45mm wide.

--
forrestunifreak

'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

Old July 24th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

To me it looks to have just as much volume as a 3" once you remove the
nubs of the duro. Its definitely not skinny.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://www.projectuni.com/?page_id=9)-* - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)

'Not fond of benches.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfoS_i-6lI)
Old July 24th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unidunc

If you put it on we would all like to se pictures im sure.

--
unidunc

*)-90'-unispin-O* 1st Place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdHIBmvw6k
newest vid from the video challenge - i didnt finish it on time
Old July 24th 08, 10:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

I have it on my 24" qu-ax rim, which is one generation before yours, I
think. Don't know how wide it is.

It's doing great. Except I can't find a buyer for it.

--
ivan

Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.
Old July 24th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Hi Forrest,

I have seen the hookworm in a 3" version. Why don't you try running
that?

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old July 24th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

Unicorn wrote:
Hi Forrest,

I have seen the hookworm in a 3" version. Why don't you try running
that?

Unicorn

I believe you are thinking of the Dyno Fireball, not the Hookworm.

--
Conrad.Nguyen