KH 2008 Uni Product Launch

Old July 18th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fatlardboy13

Default KH 2008 Uni Product Launch

No news on that new seat?

--
fatlardboy13

**)--360 Unispin--',
Old July 18th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Im sure the hub is forever who has the cash to buy one, and like the
regular KH hub, can be used for any type of riding.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~team dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
Old July 18th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

goldenchickenIV wrote:

6) Seat tubes on the KH29 and KH36 are dropped through the fork crown
to reduce inseam requirements and increase adjustability.

... and when used for muni, increase the amount of accumulated dirt in
the seat post.

But it's an alu seat post, so it won't rust, so it doesn't matter.

Compared to the ridiculously small amount of adjustment you got on the
old ones, this is great - you don't have to get the post length perfect
to the nearest mm, and other people can have a go on it.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new
pics' (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
Old July 18th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Hey,

I should have mentioned that the bottom of the post, dropped through
the crown, is capped. It looks better and there is no hole for mud to
get through.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old July 18th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

So: one piece posts, Ti hub, longneck frames ad flat material from KH.
I see that you realy worked at the stuff people were asking for.
Good job.
Any info on the price of the longneck frame and Ti hub?

--
Probailer2

JJuggle wrote:
If somebody cloned your mother would you have sex with the clone? I
should think not.

Danni wrote:
I don't like having penis written all over my uni .

manon1wheel wrote:
no offense but deads look plain old gross...

Old July 18th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Hi Kris!

Congratulations on your new line... I can't wait to see the Ti Hub and
the double crown frame!

Everbody here loves you

You did a lot for the sport, and we just have to thank you!

Best regards from Brazil!

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team
Old July 18th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

maximus unius wrote:
Kris, how did the flanges of the Ti Moment hub hold up during testing?
Did they deform like the original Moment hub flanges did?

All of these new products sound AMAZING. I can't even imagine how much
work, time and effort went in to making so many new products. Can't
wait for Moab to be able to try out some of these parts.

Will weights be available for the parts when the website launches?

On the Trailmix pedals the allen key hole is in the end of the threaded
section, accessible from the back. It is tough to use if you really
want to get your pedals tight, so I wouldn't use it if I had a real
pedal wrench, but it is great as a just-in-case way to tighten the
pedals on rides if they come loose and you don't have a wrench. Note
that Trailmix pedals tighten with a 17 mm wrench, not the 15 mm
standard. That is a bit of a pain but I suspect Odyssey did that
because many BMX riders will likely use a standard wrench, not a real
pedal wrench.

During testing the flanges on the Ti hub held up for both myself and
Ryan Atkins, who rode one for about 6 months. People are brutal on
these things though and I suspect that a badly maintained wheel (loose
spokes) is probably worse on flanges than a well-maintained one, so
"nothing is forever" probably still applies to a Ti hub. That said,
the elastic properties of Ti work well for flanges. In terms of what
they were designed for- they can replace the CrMo hub for anyone
willing to spend the $$.

Weights on the new products won't be posted immediately on the new
site- still have to get to that.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old July 18th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Probailer2 wrote:
So: one piece posts, Ti hub, longneck frames ad flat material from KH.
I see that you realy worked at the stuff people were asking for.
Good job.
Any info on the price of the longneck frame and Ti hub?

I don't have prices yet. Likely prices will go up somewhat, not so
much due to the upgrades, but rather due to the high price of oil and
metals.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old July 19th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

danger_uni wrote:
... New solid Titanium Moment hub. This hub is awesome and has both a
titanium spindle and titanium flanges. It is the strongest light hub
on the market. *Not cheap, but awesome*...

Your right, it is a good idea to improve a stellar product, with more
expensive parts... Brilliant!

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
'661'
(sixsixone.com)
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)
Old July 19th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

how about a titanium seat stiffener, or some ACTUAL improvement to the
seat strength.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.

Launch ramps... mill_mobile Unicycling 13 June 13th 07 10:25 PM
Winchester Bike Week Launch John B UK 2 June 17th 06 11:15 PM
Launch of Sustrans NCN23 John B UK 9 April 24th 06 07:59 PM
Launch New Product at Summer 2006, A-bike Back-order Offers: Free Shipping! No Rick! [email protected] Marketplace 1 March 29th 06 06:24 PM