Where to buy parts to upgrade 1999 9sp chorus - 10spd?

Old November 15th 05, 07:25 PM

Default Where to buy parts to upgrade 1999 9sp chorus - 10spd?

So far the only place I know of is Branford Bike. Is there someone
closer to Cali?

I'm looking at the following pieces for the upgrade - correct me if I'm
wrong:
1) 10spd Ergo Index Gear EC-RE061
2) Finger Shif Return Spring EC-RE137
3) 2 G Springs EC-RE209
4) Ratchet Ring EC-RE062

Thanks,

Ian in SD

Old November 15th 05, 07:30 PM
bfd

Contact Peter Chisholm at www.vecchios.com

Peter is in Colorado, but he stocks all the small parts, at a
reasonable price (at least in contrast to Branford), doesn't sell you
something you don't need, and has tons of experience; so any problems
or questions you have, he can and will answer it! Peter is truly "Qui
Si Parla Campagnolo"!

Old November 15th 05, 07:37 PM

wrote:
So far the only place I know of is Branford Bike. Is there someone
closer to Cali?

I'm looking at the following pieces for the upgrade - correct me if I'm
wrong:
1) 10spd Ergo Index Gear EC-RE061
2) Finger Shif Return Spring EC-RE137

Did you lose the one on your current Ergo shifters? That's the only
reason to replace this part.

3) 2 G Springs EC-RE209
4) Ratchet Ring EC-RE062

Post Office, UPS, FedEx go from one side of the country to the other.
Why would it matter if the retailer is in Los Angeles or San Francisco
or Boston? You aren't going to drive from San Diego to either location
for a bike part.

Branford has better prices than any I've seen quoted by the retailers
on this bicycle forum. Better than my local bike shop quoted from the
QBP catalog. Your local shop can get you any Campagnolo parts too.
QBP has a catalog. Might take awhile since QBP will likely not have
the parts in stock. Best to go with Branford if you want the parts
quick at a known price.